CTT+ Classroom Trainer
Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) Classroom Trainer Boot Camp Program
CompTIA CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) Classroom Trainer certification gives you the edge you need in today’s highly competitive training world. This vendor-neutral certification validates your expertise as either a classroom or online instructor. FKA’s Certified Technical Trainer Classroom Trainer programs, along with the online exam simulator will get you ready to pass CompTIA’s CTT+ written and performance exams. Working with FKA’s highly skilled and CTT+ certified instructors, you will build the skills and techniques you need to be an outstanding instructor.
This program is specifically designed for individuals with less than two years classroom experience, or formal training in facilitating interactive training.
“The methods introduced for conducting training. Learning to ask
and answer questions and how to give feedback.…. top notch. Worth every cent!”
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
San Ramon, CA
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Toronto: October 19, 2020 - October 23, 2020
Who Should Attend the CTT+ Classroom Trainer Boot Camp Program?
Relatively new instructors or instructors who have never participated in any formal train-the-trainer programs
Upon successful completion of this five-day program, you will be able to:
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into course delivery
- Use learner-centered lesson objectives
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of lesson objectives
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to course delivery
- Apply motivational strategies during training
- Implement a variety of presentation methods
- Use questions to draw on learners’ knowledge and experience
- Respond to learners’ questions using four different methods
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention
- Incorporate relevant examples
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback
- Plan continued self-development as an instructor
- Demonstrate the CTT+ objectives in your recorded lesson
- Answer a variety of multiple-choice questions similar to those on the CompTIA CTT+ Essentials computer-based exam
You will have prepared:
- A “best effort” performance recording to submit for CompTIA CTT+ TKO-202 Classroom performance-based exam.
- The necessary documentation and paperwork for the CompTIA CTT+ TKO-202 Classroom performance-based exam.
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Instructional Process
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Interactive Instruction
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Application (Hands-on and Brains-on Practice)
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Verbals and Non-Verbals
- Recordings of Individual Practice Lessons and Feedback
- Requirements for CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer Certification
- Study of the CompTIA CTT+ Objectives
- Preparation for the CompTIA CTT+ Essential Exam
- Recordings of Individual Certification Lessons and Feedback
- The Performance-Based Exam Submission Process
- Learners present one practice lesson each on the first two days
- Learners present one lesson each on the last three days that meet CompTIA’s CTT+ Classroom Trainer certification requirements.
- Learners will practice with and discuss sample exam questions during the last three days.
- Learners will have access to the FKA Exam Simulator for 30 days following the workshop.
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Outline Template
- Systematic Learning Process Checklist
- Pre-Course Preparation Checklists
- Guidelines for Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills Checklists
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Guidelines for Designing Presentation Slides
- Guidelines for the CTT+ Performance Recording Preparation
- Recommended Strategies for Improving Classroom Trainer Excellence
- Tips for Taking the CTT+ Computer-Based Exam
- Sample Computer-Based Exam Questions from CompTIA
- Steps to Earn the CTT+ Classroom Trainer Certification
- Classroom Trainer Overview
Five days – $3299 – plus applicable taxes
*Please note the cost of FKA’s CTT+ programs does not include the exam vouchers. CTT+ Essentials TKO-210 and TKO-202 are purchased directly through CompTIA.