Instructional Techniques for Teleconferencing Program
Instructional Techniques for Teleconferencing
This Instructional Techniques for Teleconferencing program introduces how to deliver workplace learning and instruction by phone or conference call. You will explore new techniques and skills for this delivery methodology.
Delivered in the form of a teleclass, the program models the methods presented in the program. Equivalent to a one-day program, the program includes two 2-hour teleclass sessions dedicated to the discussion of the content and one 2-hour session dedicated to practice presentations and feedback.
During the teleconferencing program each participant will deliver a 10-minute practice lesson and will receive feedback from the instructor and fellow learners. Participants will also do some preparation for the practice lesson outside of the teleclass. The course includes email and telephone access to the instructor.
Click on the respective programs to learn more about FKA’s Instructional Techniques, Instructional Techniques for OJT, and Instructional Techniques for the Virtual Classroom.
Click on a Program Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Instructional Techniques for Teleconferencing Program?
- Managers, executives, supervisors, training professionals, team facilitators and leaders, business owners and board members who use conference calls for workplace learning and instruction purposes.
- Individuals who need to conduct non-internet, high-impact distance training.
- Professionals and consultants seeking a cost-effective way to promote their work and connect with clients.
- Instructors and facilitators who wish to expand their delivery skills options.
- Participate from any telephone.
- Receive easy to use job aids and quick-references.
- Gain teleclass experience both as a learner and a facilitator.
- Network with other teleclass leaders.
- Optimize learning with limited enrollment and personalized constructive feedback.
- Conduct effective learning when:
- other technologies are not available.
- delivery time is very limited.
- learners and instructor are geographically dispersed.
- face-to-face instruction is not required.
- practice and feedback can be done without face-to-face interaction.
- the subject can be covered with discussion, reading, and simple practice exercises.
- minimal practice is required to master the activity.
- Create an interactive learning environment over the telephone that keeps learners engaged.
- Use instructional techniques that reinforce teaching points and increase the participation of all learners regardless of their learning styles.
- Receive oral and written feedback of your practice session.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.