Available online or 2-days at your location. Call to arrange this in-house program at the right time and location to meet your needs.
Presentation Skills for the Virtual Environment Program
Presentation Skills for the Virtual Environment
Dislike giving presentations over the web? Worried that participants are disconnected and disconnecting? This program helps you overcome the challenges to meaningful communication inherent in this new technology.
This program imparts skills and techniques required in the planning, preparation and delivery of effective presentations in a remote, web-based environment. It provides opportunities for interaction and practice using your organization’s web presentation software. Learn to use polling to establish motivation, actively involve your participants to find out if they are “getting it”. Make decisions about chat and telephone usage that encourage questions and yet keep the situation manageable. Design visuals that catch and keep attention. Practice effective use of your voice to compensate for lack of body language.
Presentation Skills for the Virtual Environment is a dynamic program and is delivered online exposing you to a variety of interactive techniques and activities that model best practices in a virtual classroom environment. You will have plenty of opportunity to apply a systematic learning process, adult learning principles, and online instructional techniques. You will present three online lessons, based on your work-related content, and receive feedback from our CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer certified instructors as well as recordings of your lessons for personal viewing.
You will experience the virtual classroom from both the learner’s and instructor’s perspectives.
Who Should Attend the Presentation Skills for the Virtual Environment Program?
- New and experienced presenters who need to prepare and deliver effective presentations in a remote virtual environment.
- Individuals who need to communicate with others and deliver high-impact virtual presentations, including: managers, executives, learning professionals, presenters, sales professionals, team facilitators and leaders, business owners, business unit managers and supervisors, and board members and directors.
Please contact FKA to have this program run at your location, or, if available, click on a program below to register.
- Participate in an online program that models the best practices for keeping a remote audience motivated and engaged.
- Small groups ensure you get opportunities to practice with the technology, and also receive individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in the delivery of effective online presentation skills, using the technology available to build your confidence and skills.
- Receive a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during the online sessions that will be a valuable reference after the program.
- No travel for you and only a few short blocks of time away from your job.
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the workshop.
- Establish a positive climate in a virtual environment.
- Incorporate the principles of adult learning into online presentations.
- Begin and end a virtual presentation appropriately.
- Create audience-centered objectives.
- Establish initial motivation.
- Sequence content effectively.
- Integrate presentation and demonstration.
- Maintain audience interest.
- Design questions to promote involvement.
- Identify ways to make software demonstration effective.
- Identify effective remote listening techniques.
- Handle audience questions.
- Use your voice effectively.
- Use an inclusive communication style.
- Plan and deliver a practice presentation.