for the Virtual Environment Program
Presentation Skills for the Virtual Environment
Dislike giving presentations over the web? Worried that participants are disconnected and disconnecting? This program helps you overcome the challenges to meaningful communication inherent in this new technology.
This program imparts skills and techniques required in the planning, preparation, and delivery of effective presentations in a virtual environment. It provides opportunities for interaction and practice using your organization’s web presentation software. Learn to use polling to establish motivation, actively involve your participants to determine if they are “getting it”. Make decisions about chat and telephone usage that encourage questions and yet keep the situation manageable. Design visuals that catch and keep attention. Practice effective use of your voice to compensate for lack of body language.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Presentation Skills for the Virtual Classroom Program?
- New and experienced presenters who need to prepare and deliver effective presentations in a remote or virtual environment.
- Individuals who need to communicate with others and deliver high-impact virtual presentations including: managers, executives, learning professionals, presenters, sales professionals, team facilitators and leaders, business owners, business unit managers and supervisors, and board members and directors.
- Participate in an online program that models the best practices for keeping a remote audience motivated and engaged.
- Small groups ensure you get opportunities to practice with the technology and also receive individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in the delivery of effective online presentation skills, using the technology available to build your confidence and skills.
- Receive a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during the online sessions that will be a valuable reference after the program.
- No travel for you and only a few short blocks of time away from your job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Establish a positive climate in a virtual environment.
- Incorporate the principles of adult learning into online presentations.
- Begin and end a virtual presentation appropriately.
- Create audience-centered objectives.
- Establish initial motivation.
- Sequence content effectively.
- Integrate presentation and online demonstration methods.
- Maintain audience interest.
- Design questions to promote involvement.
- Identify ways to make software demonstration effective.
- Identify effective remote listening techniques.
- Handle audience questions.
- Use your voice effectively.
- Use an inclusive communication style.
- Plan and deliver a practice presentation.
Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs.