Facilitation Skills: Running Effective
Running Effective Virtual Meetings Program Overview
Are you responsible for facilitating team, sales or customer meetings online using platforms such as: Zoom, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, etc.? FKA’s popular program, Facilitation Skills: Running Effective Meetings is now available online with a specific focus on facilitating virtual meetings. The program identifies key differences between the online and physical meeting environments and builds on proven verbal, organizational and leadership skills for better outcomes in your virtual meetings. This program is a must to ensure you have the skills set to plan for, and facilitate professional, engaging, and successful virtual meetings.
The online program, consisting of four virtually facilitated 2-hour sessions, allows FKA’s facilitator to model the effective techniques from planning through to conducting engaging, effective and highly interactive virtual meetings. Participants will practice—using work-based content—in a “safe” environment and receive individual oral and written feedback.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
Click on a Program Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
“Excellent course. Receiving feedback from the FKA facilitator and fellow participants gave me self-confidence. The assignments provided an opportunity to reflect on course material. The feel and practice of a real virtual situation was important to me.”
United Nationals Framework Convention on Climate Change
Who Should Attend the Running Effective Virtual Meetings Program?
- Individuals who need to communicate with others through effective virtual meetings including executives, managers, learning and development professionals, presenters, sales, marketing and account managers, team facilitators, team leaders, product and project managers, business owners and business unit managers.
- Establish and identify a clear framework of best practices for managing a virtual meeting.
- Describe the key elements for planning a virtual meeting.
- Explain how to get a virtual meeting off to a good start.
- Identify the key actions required to keep the virtual meeting participants involved, interested, and directed toward accomplishing the desired results.
- Use questioning and facilitation skills to accomplish the type of participation desired.
- Apply effective remote listening skills.
- Identify the platform capabilities to use to ensure purpose and desired outcome is achieved.
- Verbalize transitions between platform capabilities in the virtual environment.
- Use language to connect with the remote audience.
- Determine appropriate follow-through plans and conclude the virtual meeting.
- Describe the key actions for curbing unproductive behavior and keep virtual meetings on target.
- Practice facilitating your own virtual meeting.
Live Session 1
- Introduction, Objectives, Expectation and Overview.
- Importance of Rules of Engagement
- Platform Capabilities
- Underlying Philosophies of Effective Meeting Facilitation
- Actions to Help Groups Become More Effective
- Human Element: Voice and Speech Characteristics
- Creating Rapport in the Virtual Environment
- Organizational Skill Overview
- Getting Started
- Types of Participation
- Creating and Agenda, Ground Rules; Role Assignment and Use of Technology
- Practice Opening a Virtual Meeting; Feedback and Debrief
- Discussion Board: Effective and Ineffective Virtual Meetings
- Review Getting Started
- Introduction to Keeping Moving
Live Session 2
- Common Pitfalls and Traps of Getting Started
- Keeping Moving
- Challenges of Virtual Meeting: Content Versus Process
- Effective Remote Listening Skills
- Ways to Refocus
- Using Language to Connect
- Verbalizing Transitions in a Virtual Meeting Environment
- Strategies to Maintain a Balanced Pace in a Virtual Meeting
- Reaching Conclusions as You Go
- Practice Keeping Moving; Feedback and Debrief
- Common Pitfalls and Traps of Keeping Moving
- Review Keeping Moving
- Introduction to Generating Action and Concluding
- Introduction to Group Leadership Skills
Live Session 3
- Best Practices for Generating Action and Concluding
- Common Pitfalls for Generating Action and Concluding
- Monitoring Virtual Participation
- Group Leadership Skills
- Encouraging Constructive Participation
- Types of Participation Desired
- Creating a Participative Climate
- Drawing Out Contributions: Sample Questions
- Acknowledging and Reinforcing Constructive Participation
- Common Pitfalls and Traps for Encouraging Constructive Participation
- Encouraging Constructive Participation
- Introduction to Handling Disruptive Behavior
- Minimize Disruption
- Refocus the Discussion
- Privately Discuss
- Common Pitfalls and Traps for Handling Disruptive Behavior
- Preparation for Individual Practice Facilitating a Virtual Meeting
Live Session 4
- Handling Disruptive Behavior
- Individual Practice Facilitating a Virtual 10-12 Minute Meeting
- Individual Feedback
- Expectations Revisited
- What’s Next
FKA can further customize your on-site program with additional topics like:
- Managing diverse points of view
- Best practices for presenting your ideas effectively
- The program will have 4-two hour sessions including a recorded 10-12 minute online practice by the participants with constructive feedback from your FKA facilitator.
- $2099 – plus applicable taxes