Virtual Instructor Program
Virtual Instructor Program Overview
aussi disponible en français
Also available in French
In this virtual, 6-session, program you will gain the skills, techniques and confidence required to deliver effective and highly engaging learning in the virtual classroom. Whether you are a new instructor or just new to delivering synchronous learning, this program offers plenty of hands-on practical application and strategies to transition from the traditional to the virtual classroom.
This dynamic program is delivered online, presenting a variety of interactive techniques and activities that model best practices in a virtual classroom environment. As a participant in this program, you will learn to manage the virtual environment and apply techniques specifically designed to motivate learners and effectively transfer skill and knowledge. You will have plenty of opportunity to apply a systematic learning process, adult learning principles, and instructional techniques for the virtual classroom. You will present two online lessons, based on your work-related content, and immediate receive feedback from our CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer certified facilitator as well as recordings of your lessons (and feedback) for personal viewing and future reference.
You will experience the virtual classroom from both the learner’s and facilitator’s perspectives.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
“It was a great program—I learned a lot about gearing your presentations specifically to adult learners. The FKA facilitator’s feedback and the feedback from other participants was extremely valuable. Thank you to everyone. Just awesome!”
The Ottawa Hospital
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Virtual Instructor Program?
- New or relatively new instructors, or instructors who have never participated in any formal train-the-trainer programs
- Experienced instructors who are new to the virtual classroom
- Participate in an online program that models all the best practices for keeping remote learners motivated and engaged.
- Small groups ensure you get opportunities to practice with the technology, individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in delivery using the technology available and build your confidence and skills from there.
- Receive a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during the online sessions and will be a valuable reference after the program.
- No travel for you and only a few short blocks of time away from your job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.