Virtual Producer Program Overview
Behind every well-delivered learning session, presentation and meeting is a great technical producer. The role of the producer is to support the presenter/facilitator and transform the virtual event into a trouble-free and interactive session that keep audiences engaged and the presenter on track. The importance of a producer is often overlooked. Presenters rely on the producer to launch all media at the appropriate time; handle rapid task switching; and monitor the technical aspects of the virtual event, including launching polls and monitoring chats, which allows the presenter to focus on facilitating the content in an interactive and engaging format. The producer acts as a safety guard, separating successful live virtual sessions from sessions that could become chaotic, disorganized, non-engaging and hindered by technical challenges.
This program is ideal for the presenter/facilitator who wishes to take on both roles or for the technical support personnel responsible for producing smooth and successful virtual communication and learning sessions in Adobe Connect, WebEx or Zoom.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
“For me, this training offered the type of confidence through practice I needed. The facilitator illustrated how we could use the producer skills to enhance and support the facilitator’s instruction to the point of being extremely vital to have an experienced producer. Geoff’s ease of facilitation and deft producer skills brought what could have been a very intimidating experience to one of exhilaration and excitement to visually see the tool (Adobe Connect) used in a live session as a facilitator with keen and insight support of a trained producer. I was looking forward to this workshop, and the accompanying class titled ‘Instructional Techniques for the Virtual Classroom’ was also taught by Friesen, Kaye, and Associates. These two workshops not only bolstered and bookended my incomplete skillset in virtual facilitation and producing – they presented the material in a pace and manner highly relatable and relevant to the times.”
Library of Congress
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Online - Microsoft Teams - Starts: March 16, 2021 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Online - Adobe Connect - Starts: March 29, 2021 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Online - Webex - Starts: March 30, 2021 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Who Should Attend the Virtual Producer Program?
- Instructors; facilitators; presenters; managers; supervisors; and subject matter experts who deliver presentations; facilitate meetings; and deliver learning programs in the virtual environment
- Technical producers responsible for providing technical support and assisting in the delivery and facilitation of interactive virtual sessions and meetings
- This program is facilitated by an FKA certified instructor with subject matter expertise producing virtual engagements.
- FKA will model best practices and provide each participant with the opportunity to practice the techniques in a “safe” environment.
- Learn and practice using the web platform(s) you will be producing virtual events with.
- Return to work ready to start producing virtual sessions.
- Take home comprehensive participant materials packed with job aids and reference materials that will help you succeed in your virtual producer role.