Converting to the Virtual Classroom
Converting to the Virtual Classroom Program Overview
The world has been transformed by the COVID-19 crisis; however, one thing is certain, there needs to be a continued commitment to learning and development as a driver of talent management and organizational performance.
What has vastly changed and is shaping the “new normal” is the way we deliver learning initiatives. Through necessity, organizations are transitioning to the virtual environment. Many organizations have begun to realize that designing and delivering in the virtual classroom has significant differences from the traditional, face to face, environment.
In this dynamic program, you will practice key concepts on how to convert content from a traditional face-to-face format, to a motivating, interactive and engaging virtual environment. The program is delivered in six online sessions and presents a variety of interactive techniques and instructional design activities that model best practices in the virtual classroom.
You will assess your present traditional classroom programs and determine what is required to transition them to engaging virtual programs, that meets both their instructional intent and desired outcomes. Through a series of hands-on applications, you will experience well-designed and effective virtual learning that can be adapted for the technical platform and capabilities you are using.
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Converting to the Virtual Classroom Program?
- Experienced instructional designers and course developers who have designed for the traditional face-to-face environment and are now responsible for converting these programs to the virtual environment.
- Subject matter experts (SMEs) who have designed or assisted in the design of learning initiatives for traditional classroom-based and small group environments (On-the-Job, Lunch and Learn) and need to convert this content to the virtual environment.
- Facilitators and instructors tasked with converting content that they have been delivering in the physical classroom to the virtual environment.
- Individuals responsible for updating or modifying existing custom or off-the-shelf courses.
*Participants of this program have existing content and learning material that has been delivered in the traditional classroom.
- Participate in a facilitated virtual classroom program that models best practices for learner motivation and engagement.
- Experience first-hand, the richness and variety of platform capabilities as you move your face-to-face program to the virtual classroom.
- Use your own traditional classroom content and convert that material to the virtual environment.
- Receive constructive feedback from FKA’s certified CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainers, skilled at converting learning material to the virtual environment.
- Use FKA’s patented Instructional Quality Assessment Process to gauge the effectiveness of your traditional classroom program and your newly converted virtual program.
- Receive a comprehensive online or hard-copy manual that effectively supports converting to the virtual classroom.