Designing Instruction Program
Designing Instruction Program Overview
Challenged with creating and designing successful learning programs? This cornerstone program is for anyone wanting to design learner-centered programs that lead to performance improvement and business results. You will gain the requisite knowledge, skills and confidence to meet the challenges of any learning initiative. Experience a variety of interactive presentation and application methods that support effective adult learning. Take home a detailed support manual including access to online checklists and templates to help transfer your learning to back-on-the-job success.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
Online - Starts: February 24, 2020 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Ottawa: March 9, 2020 - March 11, 2020
Ottawa: July 20, 2020 - July 22, 2020
Toronto: September 14, 2020 - September 16, 2020
Ottawa: November 2, 2020 - November 4, 2020
Who Should Attend the Designing Instruction Program?
- Instructors, facilitators, and subject matter experts who are new to course design.
- Managers and those responsible for the creation or purchase of learning materials.
- Course designers and developers, with no formal design experience, seeking a systematic approach to instructional design.
- Subject matter experts responsible for updating or modifying existing custom or off-the-shelf courses.
- Build all your design projects on a strong instructional design foundation that goes beyond ADDIE while supporting an agile approach.
- Forecast design time and program launch dates with confidence.
- Practice the key activities for project planning, population and performance analysis, design, and material development.
- Return to work ready to start designing – there’s no risk of getting bogged down trying to adapt complex theories.
- Take home a comprehensive support manual packed with job aids and reference materials that will help you succeed with future design projects.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Identify key sign-off points.
- Choose population factors for analysis.
- Gather data from subject matter experts.
- Develop a Model of Performance.
- Derive objectives based on the Model of Performance.
- Design tests and exercises to be used during learning programs.
- Confirm instructional strategies.
- Outline bridging strategies.
- Apply principles of adult learning to design.
- Determine the best content sequencing for learning.
- Select presentation and application methods.
- Select instructional media.
- Develop a lesson plan.
- Select appropriate styles for participant and instructor guides (face-to-face and virtual).
- Make media decisions that enhance learning.
- Plan validation activities throughout the project.
- Describe how the impact of the learning program can be evaluated.
- Identify design shortcuts.
- Design Fundamentals
- Systematic Learning Process
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Adult Learning Principles
- Needs Identification
- Determine Needs
- Plan the Project
- Instructional Strategies
- Population Analysis
- Selecting Population Factors
- Data Collection Decisions
- Summarizing Results
- Handling Diverse Populations
- Performance Analysis
- Model of Performance (MoP)
- Gathering MoP Data
- Working with Subject Matter Experts
- Meeting Time Constraints
- Reducing the Scope
- Program Outline
- Objectives and Tests
- Performance Gaps
- Bridging Strategies
- Application and Feedback Methods
- Presentation Methods
- Learning Styles
- Test for Understanding
- Training/Learning Plan
- Training/Learning Plan Decisions
- Developing a Work Plan
- Updating Work Plans
- Instructor and Participant Manual Development for-face-to-face and online programs
- Selecting Most Appropriate Formats
- Media Development
- Purpose of Media
- Media Guidelines
- Validation: Assuring Quality
- Key Sign-off Points
- Validation with Learners
- Detecting Problems
- Making Validation Effective
- Evaluation: Measuring Learning Impact
- Levels of Evaluation
- Design Ratios
- Ideas for Shortcuts
Hands-on activities to reinforce the major design steps discussed in the program
- 180+ page Support Manual filled with checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates to help you design effective learning faster.
- Online access to these checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates so you can customize them for your own situation.
- After completing this program you can work one-on-one with one of our instructional designers on your own instructional design project. Virtual meetings and asynchronous feedback make it convenient. We can provide as much support as you need. Your project should also count towards our Professional Designer certification. Call for pricing and more information.
- Three days – $1,799 – plus applicable taxes
- Online – $2,499 – plus applicable taxes