Job Aid Design Program
Job Aid Design Program Overview
The benefits of job aids are enormous. They reduce, or can even eliminate, the need for training. They increase the transfer of skills back to the job and provide ongoing support in the job environment. In this program, work specifically on this critical design skill as you learn to design and develop seven different types of job aids for your own work environment. Take home valuable checklists for the different formats and completed examples for your ongoing reference.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
Ottawa: January 13, 2020 - January 13, 2020
Ottawa: September 22, 2020 - September 22, 2020
Who Should Attend the Job Aid Design Program?
- Course designers, course developers, and subject matter experts responsible for developing or modifying existing custom or off-the-shelf training courses.
- Managers and those responsible for the creation or purchase of training materials.
- Small class sizes ensure you get lots of individual attention from your highly qualified and experienced instructor.
- You will learn how to create valid, reliable job aids that save training time and money and increase the transfer of training back to the job.
- The workshop content can be customized for beginning or experienced instructional designers.
- Use checklists and sample job aids to guide you as you select and develop job aids for your work environment.
- Get expert feedback as you work on your own job aids.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Determine when to use job aids.
- Identify the required job aid type.
- Select a job aid format.
- Select media.
- Select job aids using the following formats:
- look-up table
- decision table
- flow chart
- Describe validation activities.
- Define levels of evaluation.
- Identify trends in job aids.
- What is a Job Aid?
- What are the Benefits of Using a Job Aid?
- Adult Learning Principles
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Systematic Learning Process
- Is the Job Aid Alone Sufficient?
- Job Aid Checklist
- Job Aid Types
- Population Factors
Model of Performance
- Sample MoP
- Guidelines for Formatting MoP Data
- Priority Values
- Guidelines for Gathering Analysis Data
- Data Gathering Interviews
Job Aid Formats
- Step Format
- Look-Up Tables
- Decision Tables
- Flow Chart
- Combination Format
- Selecting a Job Aid Format
Job Aid Development
- General Guidelines
- Guidelines for Creating Graphics
- Job Aid Media
- Print or Extended Print Checklist
- Audio Checklist
- Video Checklist
Job Aid Validation
- Key Checkpoints
- Common Problems
- Testing with Users
- Developmental Testing
Job Aid Evaluation
- Levels of Evaluation
Applying What You Learn
- Practice selecting and designing a variety of job aids
- Instructional Design Support Manual (180+ pages) full of templates and checklists to support the FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Decision table to determine if stand-alone job aids will meet your need
- Checklists for selecting job aids and formats
- Samples of seven different types of job aids
- Guidelines for developing seven types of job aids
- Media checklists
- Free one-year consultation service if you have questions after the program ends.
- Available in a variety of lengths and formats. Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this on-site program.