Online Designing Instruction Program
Online Designing Instruction Program Overview
Challenged with creating and designing successful learning programs but can’t get away for a three-day program? FKA’s cornerstone Designing Instruction program is available online consisting of a series of eight, 2-hour, live-facilitated virtual sessions. Designed for anyone responsible for designing learner-centered courses that lead to performance improvement and business results. You will gain the requisite knowledge, skills and confidence to meet the challenges of any learning initiative as you work on your own projects and receive expert, individual coaching and feedback. Receive a detailed support manual and access to online checklists and templates to support you during the program and on all your future design projects.
NOTE: Participation in these programs requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Designing Instruction Program?
- Instructors, facilitators, and subject matter experts who are new to course design.
- Managers and those responsible for the creation or purchase of learning materials.
- Course designers and developers, with no formal design experience, seeking a systematic approach to instructional design.
- Subject matter experts responsible for updating or modifying existing custom or off-the-shelf courses.
- Build all your design projects on a strong instructional design foundation that goes beyond ADDIE.
- Forecast design time and training launch dates with confidence.
- Practice the key activities for project planning, population and performance analysis, training design and material development.
- Receive feedback as you apply the techniques to work-based content.
- Return to work ready to start designing – there’s no risk of getting bogged down trying to adapt complex theories.
- Take home a comprehensive support manual packed with job aids and reference materials that will help you succeed with future design projects.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be
- Identify key sign-off points.
- Choose population factors for analysis.
- Gather data from subject matter experts.
- Develop a Model of Performance.
- Derive objectives based on the Model of
- Design tests and exercises to be used during
- Confirm instructional strategies.
- Outline bridging strategies.
- Apply principles of adult learning to design.
- Determine the best content sequencing for learning.
- Select presentation and application methods.
- Select instructional media.
- Develop a lesson plan.
- Select appropriate styles for training manuals.
- Make media decisions that enhance learning.
- Plan validation activities throughout the project.
- Describe how learning impact can be evaluated.
- Identify design shortcuts.
- Design Fundamentals
- Systematic Learning Process
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- Adult Learning Principles
- Needs Identification
- Determine Needs
- Plan the Project
- Instructional Strategies
- Population Analysis
- Selecting Population Factors
- Data Collection Decisions
- Summarizing Results
- Handling Diverse Populations
- Performance Analysis
- Model of Performance (MoP)
- Gathering MoP Data
- Working with Subject Matter Experts
- Meeting Time Constraints
- Reducing the Scope
- Program Outline
- Objectives and Tests
- Performance Gaps
- Bridging Strategies
- Application and Feedback Methods
- Presentation Methods
- Learning Styles
- Test for Understanding
- Training/Learning Plan
- Training/Learning Plan Decisions
- Developing a Work Plan
- Updating Work Plans
- Instructor and Participant Manual Development for-face-to-face and virtual programs
- Selecting Most Appropriate Formats
- Media Development
- Purpose of Media
- Media Guidelines
- Validation: Assuring Quality
- Key Sign-off Points
- Validation with Learners
- Detecting Problems
- Making Validation Effective
- Evaluation: Measuring Learning Impact
- Levels of Evaluation
- Design Ratios
- Ideas for Shortcuts
Hands-on activities to reinforce the major design steps discussed in the program
- 180+ page Support Manual filled with checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates to help you design effective learning faster.
- Online access to these checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates so you can customize them for your own situation.
- After completing this program you can work one-on-one with one of our instructional designers on your own instructional design project. Virtual meetings and asynchronous feedback make it convenient. We can provide as much support as you need. Your project should also count towards our Professional Designer certification. Call for pricing and more information.
- Eight Online Sessions – $2,699 – plus applicable taxes