Scoping and Planning Learning Program
Scoping and Planning Learning Program Overview
Are you charged with determining how much effort and how long it will take to develop the new course? If you have been asked to determine a development budget and figure out the development work schedule, this scoping and planning learning program is essential for you.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
Ottawa: May 7, 2020 - May 8, 2020
Ottawa: November 19, 2020 - November 20, 2020
Who Should Attend the Scoping and Planning Learning Program?
- Learning consultants who must estimate time and effort to develop multi-faceted solutions.
- Course developers who need to inform their managers on how long it is going to take them to complete the course development work.
- Employ a structured method for estimating the duration of the learning initiative.
- Use a proven workflow for planning your development activities.
- Identify the cost associated with developing the learning solution.
- Layout out a development plan that fits in the available time frame.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Analyze the context for learning interventions.
- Estimate course length.
- Select instructional strategies.
- Select evaluation methods to measure the success of the learning initiative.
- Identify required resources for learning interventions.
- Determine practical design ratios.
- Develop a project work plan.
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis.
- Make buy or build learning program decisions.
- LEARNING CONTEXT
- Context Data
- Types of Parameters
- Types of Constraints
- LEARNING SOLUTION PROFILE
- Estimating Course Length
- Calculating the total number of Skill and Knowledge Items
- Level of Difficulty and Duration
- Instructional Strategies
- Strategy Framework
- Planning the Levels of Evaluation
- PROJECT PLAN
- Workflow for Instructional Systems Design (ISD)
- Resources Required
- Design Ratios – Ideal and Practical
- Determining a Practical Design Ratio
- Mapping Effort to Time Available
- Establishing Project Milestones
- COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS
- Determining the Cost of the learning initiative
- Cost Model Definitions
- Cost Example Scenario
- Learning Program Cost Calculator for Leader Led (LL)
- Simple Results Model
- Learning Cost Calculator for Blended Learning Strategy
- Simple Results Model
- Post Learning Results
- Your personal copy of FKA’s ROI Tutorial (a $199 value)
- Two days – $1,499 – plus applicable taxes
- Online $2099 – plus applicable taxes – 5 live sessions