Instructional Techniques Program Overview
This award winning Instructional Techniques program is simply the finest Train-the-Trainer workshop available. Developed in conjunction with the acknowledged standards for instructional excellence, it is the cornerstone for: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer certification, Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) certification, and FKA’s Professional Instructor certification. The focus is on you in this dynamic program. You will develop your classroom delivery skills by presenting three separate lessons based on content from your own environment. You’ll get oral and written feedback from our skilled workshop leaders and receive video recordings of your lessons for personal viewing.
FKA’s Instructional Techniques Program is the gold-standard for delivery skills.
Aussi disponible en Français – Atelier sur les techniques d’enseignement
También disponible en español – Taller de técnicas de enseñanza!
“Came away with techniques that I can immediately implement and will improve my current performance, make my training sessions more effective and increase client productivity.”
St. Paul, MN
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
Ottawa: January 27, 2020 - January 29, 2020
San Jose: February 4, 2020 - February 6, 2020
Toronto: March 2, 2020 - March 4, 2020
Atlanta: March 30, 2020 - April 1, 2020
Ottawa: April 6, 2020 - April 8, 2020
Las Vegas: April 6, 2020 - April 8, 2020
Chicago: May 11, 2020 - May 13, 2020
Ottawa: July 6, 2020 - July 8, 2020
Atlanta: September 14, 2020 - September 16, 2020
Toronto: September 28, 2020 - September 30, 2020
Calgary: October 5, 2020 - October 7, 2020
San Francisco: October 14, 2020 - October 16, 2020
Ottawa: October 26, 2020 - October 28, 2020
Chicago: November 16, 2020 - November 18, 2020
Who Should Attend the Instructional Techniques Program?
- New technical or non-technical instructors who require the essential knowledge and skills to deliver training programs
- Training and line managers who are responsible for evaluating the quality of professional instructional staff
- Instructors seeking certification: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer, MCT or FKA’s Professional Instructor
- Experienced instructors seeking a systematic approach to course delivery
- Learn from the best instructors in the industry.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in the basics and build your confidence and skills from there.
- Immediately start using all the practical techniques you will need to be successful back on the job.
- Take home a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during training and will be a valuable reference back on the job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into delivery.
- Use learner-centered lesson objectives.
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of lesson objectives.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to delivery.
- Apply motivational strategies during training.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on learners’ knowledge and experience.
- Respond to learners’ questions using four different methods.
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Interpret the four stages of learning.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Identify strategies to handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Organize and sequence content to maximize learning.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback.
- Plan continued self-development as an instructor.
- International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (ibstpi) Instructor Competencies
- The Importance of Introductions
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Instructional Process
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Interactive Instruction
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Application (Hands-on and Brains-on Practice)
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Verbals and Non-Verbals
- Organizing and Sequencing Information
- Learners each present one practice lesson per day
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Plans
- Systematic Learning Process Checklist
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills
- Interpreting Non-Verbal Behavior
- Eye Contact
- Voice and Language
- Media / Training Aids
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Guidelines for Designing Presentation Slides
- Three days – $1,799 – plus applicable taxes