Advanced Instructional Design Program
Advanced Instructional Design Program Overview
Take your instructional design skills to the next level.
Moving beyond the basics, this program allows instructional designers and developers to make complex analysis and design decisions, specifically when adapting existing designs to alternative delivery methods. Learning specialists who need to plan and scope quality, on-time and cost-effective training projects will benefit from this advanced instructional design program.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Who Should Attend the Advanced Instructional Design Program?
- Instructional designers, instructional developers, instructors, and subject-matter-experts with a solid foundation in instructional design who wish to strengthen and refine their abilities to develop learning programs that increase organizational effectiveness.
- Managers and those responsible for the creation or purchase of learning materials.
- Align your learning initiatives with business needs and step up your operational impact.
- Cost, design, and deliver your learning projects on time.
- Practice the key activities for project planning, population, and performance analysis, program design, and material development.
- Be more efficient and effective with creative, blended, and streamlined solutions that deliver performance change that transfers to the job environment.
- Learn how to revise existing courseware methodologies to new delivery methods.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Develop a business case that integrates learning initiatives with business needs.
- Determine how to simplify and speed up the instructional design process.
- Select effective blended solutions that achieve performance and results.
- Determine the most appropriate analysis methods to use.
- Integrate analysis data to describe complex performance.
- Use effective facilitation techniques for focus group validation during analysis and evaluation.
- Adapt existing designs to alternative delivery methods.
- Select and develop more creative presentation, application, and feedback methods.
- Select techniques to use to design learning for use in large group settings.
- Develop bridging and transfer strategies to support on-the-job performance.
- Create higher level questions to test attainment of learning objectives.
- Assess learning, performance, and results of your learning initiatives.
- Plan and scope quality, on-time and cost-effective learning projects.
- GETTING STARTED
- Demystifying the ISD Methodology
- NEEDS IDENTIFICATION
- Integrating Business Needs and Training
- Streamlining the Design Process
- Selecting Blended Solutions
- Model of Performance (MoP)
- MoP: Multiple Analyses
- MoP: Synthesis
- Validation Using Focus Groups
- Adapting Designs to New Delivery Methods
- More Creative PAF
- Techniques for Large Groups
- Creating Higher Level Questions and Tests
- Developing Bridging and Transfer Strategies
- Assessing the Effects of Learning Initiatives
- Levels of Evaluation
- Evaluation Methods
- SCOPING AND PLANNING A LEARNING INITIATIVE
- Estimating Duration
- Estimating Effort
- Applying Project Parameters
- Determining Time and Resources
- Project Planning
- 180+ page Support Manual filled with checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates to help you design effective training faster.
- Online access to these checklists, look-up tables, worksheets, and templates so you can customize them for your own situation.
- Apply the program techniques to your own work-based content.
- Optional, fee-based service provides the opportunity to submit work-based assignments to FKA for in depth review and feedback.
- Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this program. Available online, or 3 days at your location.