Fundamentals of Design and Delivery Program
Fundamentals of Design and Delivery Program Overview
Challenged with creating and delivering effective learning programs and you don’t know where to start? The Fundamentals of Design and Delivery is a dynamic, fast-paced program designed to build skills and confidence in new designers and instructors. Incorporating just the right balance of hard work and fun, this program allows you to develop at your own pace, in a supportive and co-operative environment.
Starting with FKA’s Systematic Learning Process you will gain the tools, techniques, and framework to tackle any real world learning project. The first half of the program will walk you through the process of designing learner-centered programs that leads to performance improvement. In the second half you will build your skills as an instructor through a combination of learning the best instructional techniques and then practicing them as you deliver your own lesson. Throughout the program your facilitator will model effective instructional design and delivery.
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Fundamentals of Design and Delivery Program?
- New designers and instructors with little or no experience
- Subject matter experts who must design and deliver learning initiatives
- Persons preparing and giving presentations to groups
- Experienced trainers who have been out of workplace learning and development for more than a year and need a refresher course
- Learning and Development managers who are responsible for the performance of their staff
- Learn from the best instructors in the industry.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in the basics and build your skills from there.
- Immediately start using all the practical techniques you will need to be successful back on the job.
- Take home a comprehensive manual packed with job aids, checklists, and reference materials that will help you succeed back on the job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to the design and delivery of effective learning programs.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into the design and delivery of your learning initiative.
- Describe the main activities of each phase in FKA’s Instructional Design Methodology.
- Evaluate learning design and delivery.
- Identify the significant population factors of the target audience.
- Describe the Model of Performance hierarchy.
- Define the course content to be included in the learning program.
- Write learner-centered lesson objectives.
- Select appropriate presentation and application methods.
- Plan adequate time for testing for understanding and application.
- Determine which learning materials to produce.
- Make media decisions that enhance learning.
- Apply motivational strategies during learning program.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on learners’ knowledge and experience.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback.
- Plan continued self-development as an instructor.
Fundamentals of Instruction
- Adult Learning Principles
- FKA’s Systematic Learning Process
- FKA’s Instructional Systems Design Methodology
Fundamentals of the Instructional Design Process
- Analysis Phase
- Identifying the target population
- Design Phase
- Defining the Training Scope
- Creating Effective Objectives
- Planning Application and Feedback
- Planning Presentation
- Development Phase
- Preparing Learning Materials
Fundamentals of Delivery
- Pre-Course Preparations
- Establishing Positive Climate and Rapport Before Course Begins
- Classroom Layout
- Additional Classroom Preparations
- Instructor Skills
- Conducting Small Group Activities
- Optimizing Reviews and Summaries
- Incorporating Examples
- Managing Time
- Maximizing Motivation
- Maintaining Eye Contact
- Overcoming Nervousness
- Encouraging Participation
- Incorporating Fun
- Conducting Demonstrations
- Speaking Effectively to Groups
- Promoting Positive Interactions with Learners
- Monitoring Learner Performance during Application
- Providing Effective Feedback
- Asking Questions
- Responding to Questions
- Using Media Effectively
- Available in 2 – 4 day formats to meet your needs. Call to arrange this dedicated program at the right time and location to meet your needs. 1-800-FKA-5585