Training Needs Analysis Program
Training Needs Analysis Program Overview
Analysis of the performance gap indicates a need for a learning intervention. Great, but where do you start? What will it look like? Who needs it? When do they need it? How will it be delivered? Who will be needed to develop and deliver the learning initiatives? This program provides a structured process to identify and prioritize corporate learning needs.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Ottawa: November 18, 2020 - November 18, 2020
Who Should Attend the Training Needs Analysis Program?
- Learning professionals, HR professionals, managers, coordinators, administrators, and corporate executives responsible for identifying, planning and scheduling department and corporate-wide learning initiatives.
- Learning and HR professionals making decisions on learning interventions, including whether to buy or build.
- Individuals responsible for budgeting, forecasting or justifying training costs to develop, buy or implement learning programs.
- Use a structured process to assess workplace learning needs.
- Receive a set of needs analysis tools that can be adapted to your need.
- Follow a real world case study with data, analysis, and reports.
- Compare your organization to recent benchmark data.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Define a Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Identify when to perform a TNA.
- Describe what information/data will be gathered.
- Determine the sources of data.
- Determine the level of required data.
- Describe specific data collection methods.
- Create an effective questionnaire.
- Explain how to analyze the data collected.
- Prioritize new training/learning requirements.
- Describe the components of a Corporate Training Plan.
WHEN TO CONDUCT A TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS
- Benchmark your learning and development organization.
- Evaluate existing learning initiatives.
- Assess the impact of current business needs on human performance.
- Respond to a client request.
- Determine what data is required.
- Decide how to collect the data – survey, interview, observation, focus group, documentation review and tests.
- Develop the best survey.
- Ensure the data will be easy to analyze.
- Evaluate online survey tools.
- Examine simple formats for summarizing data.
- Compare basic data analysis techniques.
- Explore spreadsheet capabilities for data analysis.
- Interpret data analysis and summaries.
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY
- Set expectations.
- Facilitate participation to improve the quality and quantity of responses.
- Maintain open communication.
- Present results to stakeholders.
NEW LEARNING REQUIREMENTS
- Identify gaps between identified needs and current learning initiatives.
- Outline content for new learning initiatives.
- Make a build or buy decision.
CORPORATE TRAINING PLAN
- Describe the current situation.
- Identify the new learning requirements.
- Develop an Implementation Plan.
- Prepare a budget for the implementation.
- Create a Training Schedule.
- Summarize your findings in a Corporate Training Plan.
- Present your findings to management.
- Links to download our ROI Calculator and accompanying manual (a $199 value).
One day – $899 – plus applicable taxes
Take Performance Consulting in conjunction with Training Needs Analysis and receive a $200 discount. Please use code TNAPC (case sensitive) when registering for the Performance Consulting portion to receive discount.