Advanced Facilitation Skills for Instructors Program
Advanced Facilitation Skills for Instructors
If you are a competent and experienced instructor who wants to take your skills to the next level, this program is designed for you! Learn facilitation skills that will maximize learner engagement and retention during your programs and increase transfer of your new skills and knowledge back to the job. Develop facilitation techniques to effectively manage group dynamics and the learning environment. Discover your preferred instructional style and learn how to adapt it. Polish and adapt your questioning techniques as you lead a practice lesson and receive feedback and coaching from your FKA instructor.
Aussi disponible en Français – Techniques d’animation avancée a l’intention des formateurs
“Great program-very valuable and will have an impact
on elevating my facilitation.”
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
Ottawa: March 23, 2020 - March 25, 2020
Toronto: June 8, 2020 - June 10, 2020
Ottawa: August 24, 2020 - August 26, 2020
Toronto: December 7, 2020 - December 9, 2020
Who Should Attend the Advanced Facilitation Skills for Instructors Program?
- Instructors and facilitators who wish to improve their performance in the facilitative aspects of learning programs and have completed FKA’s Instructional Techniques program or an equivalent instructional delivery program in interactive, learner-centered instruction, followed by at least 6 months experience in leader-led instruction.
- Former instructors with the experience described above who will once again be delivering learning programs.
- Create a positive learning environment for all your learning initiatives.
- Gain the respect of your learners by establishing and maintaining your credibility.
- Add new facilitation techniques to your repertoire that will keep your learners engaged.
- Adapt your instructional style to improve learning outcomes.
- Use your knowledge of group dynamics and group development to manage learner participation and prevent problem situations.
- Maximize transfer of learning back to the job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Describe how to create a positive climate for learning.
- Facilitate input from learners.
- Establish and maintain instructor credibility.
- Create effective questions to test for understanding.
- Determine how to adapt questioning techniques to affect group dynamics.
- Ask questions more effectively.
- Use questions to increase involvement of all learners.
- Facilitate activities effectively.
- Plan a strategy to manage time.
- Use energizers appropriately.
- Describe group development.
- Determine your preferred instructional style.
- Identify when and how to adapt your instructional style to the learning context.
- Identify types of verbal behavior.
- Respond appropriately to participant verbal behavior.
- Handle a variety of difficult situations.
- Give constructive feedback to learners.
- Identify actions to increase learning transfer.
- Establishing a Positive Learning Environment
- Effective Course Introductions
- Facilitating Learner Input Activities
- Facilitation Language
- Instructor Credibility
- Using Questions Effectively
- Facilitating Activities
- Managing the Learning Environment
- Group Dynamics
- Adapting to Group Development
- Learning Styles
- Recognizing Types of Verbal Behavior
- Resolving Learner Behavior Problems
- Maximizing Learning Transfer
- Effective Closings
- Tips for Establishing Instructor Credibility
- Presentation and Application Methods
- Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy
- Tips for Giving Feedback
- Stages of Group Development
- Learning Styles Inventory
- Types of Verbal Behavior
- Strategies for Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Feedback Forms
- Transfer Strategies
- Lesson Outline Template
- Learning program Preparation Checklists
- Systematic Learning Process Checklist
- Guidelines for Media Use and Design
- Learners each present one practice lesson
- Three days – $1,799 – plus applicable taxes Call 1-800-FKA-5585