Instructional Techniques for OJT Program
Instructional Techniques for OJT Program Overview
Are you facilitating one-on-one or one-on-a-few training in a real working environment? This instructional techniques for OJT program will help you develop effective skills to increase your performance with your learners. Based on the foundation developed for FKA’s industry-standard 3-day Instructional Techniques workshop, this program is adapted to place those skills in the context of trainers who are delivering training in an on-the-job environment. You’ll practice new skills and explore the systematic learning process to empower your learners.
“Excellent course for anyone required to provide on-the-job training”
Click on a Date Below to Register
We are moving our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Who Should Attend the Instructional Techniques for OJT Program?
- Trainers, facilitators, coaches, supervisors, subject matter experts (SMEs), and skilled workers/performers who are responsible for instructing others in the normal working environment
- Trainers/facilitators and line managers who are responsible for evaluating the quality of professional instructional staff
- Instructors/facilitators seeking certification: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer, MCT or FKA’s Professional Instructor
- Receive feedback from the best instructors in the industry experienced in on-the-job training.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Reference design and delivery checklists to ensure a structured, safe on-the job training environment.
- Observe and learn the ‘three-step’ job instruction process.
- Develop your training and coaching skills by preparing and conducting three separate work environment topics or demonstrations.
- Take home a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during training and will be a valuable reference back on the job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Determine when to use structured OJT.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into OJT.
- Use learner-centered learning objectives.
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of training objectives.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to OJT.
- Apply motivational strategies during instruction.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on trainees’ knowledge and experience.
- Respond to trainees’ questions using four different methods.
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Interpret the four stages of learning.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Organize and sequence content to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Identify strategies to handle difficult situations.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback
- Plan continued self-development as a trainer and facilitator
- ibstpi Instructor Competencies
- OJT Defined
- OJT Decision Table
- Role of the OJT Trainer/Coach
- OJT Design and Delivery Checklist
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Organizing and Sequencing Information
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Structured Demonstrations
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Handling Difficult On-the Job Training Situations
Applying What You Learn
- Individual practice lessons each day
- OJT Decision Table
- OJT Checklist
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Plans
- Checklist for Designing and Delivering Demonstrations
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Replace classroom with Training Area Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills
- Interpreting Non-Verbal Behavior
- Eye Contact
- Voice and Language
- Media / Training Aids
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Available in 1 to 3 day formats. Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this on-site program. Plus, receive one-year free consultation service if you have questions after the program ends.