Instructional Techniques for OJT Program
Instructional Techniques for OJT Program Overview
Are you facilitating one-on-one or one-on-a-few training in a real working environment? This instructional techniques for OJT program will help you develop effective skills to increase your performance with your learners. Based on the foundation developed for FKA’s industry-standard 3-day Instructional Techniques workshop, this program is adapted to place those skills in the context of trainers who are delivering training in an on-the-job environment. You’ll practice new skills and explore the systematic learning process to empower your learners.
“Excellent course for anyone required to provide on-the-job training”
Click on a Date Below to Register
Who Should Attend the Instructional Techniques for OJT Program?
- Trainers, facilitators, coaches, supervisors, subject matter experts (SMEs), and skilled workers/performers who are responsible for instructing others in the normal working environment
- Trainers/facilitators and line managers who are responsible for evaluating the quality of professional instructional staff
- Instructors/facilitators seeking certification: CompTIA CTT+ Classroom Trainer, MCT or FKA’s Professional Instructor
- Receive feedback from the best instructors in the industry experienced in on-the-job training.
- Small classes ensure you get individual attention and expert feedback.
- Reference design and delivery checklists to ensure a structured, safe on-the job training environment.
- Observe and learn the ‘three-step’ job instruction process.
- Develop your training and coaching skills by preparing and conducting three separate work environment topics or demonstrations.
- Take home a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during training and will be a valuable reference back on the job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Determine when to use structured OJT.
- Integrate the principles of adult learning into OJT.
- Use learner-centered learning objectives.
- Conduct application activities to confirm the achievement of training objectives.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to OJT.
- Apply motivational strategies during instruction.
- Implement a variety of presentation methods.
- Use questions to draw on trainees’ knowledge and experience.
- Respond to trainees’ questions using four different methods.
- Use instructional media to clarify content and maximize retention.
- Incorporate relevant examples.
- Test for understanding using questioning techniques.
- Interpret the four stages of learning.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- Organize and sequence content to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Identify strategies to handle difficult situations.
- Improve delivery skills through application and feedback
- Plan continued self-development as a trainer and facilitator
- ibstpi Instructor Competencies
- OJT Defined
- OJT Decision Table
- Role of the OJT Trainer/Coach
- OJT Design and Delivery Checklist
- Adult Learning Principles
- Objectives and Assessments
- Systematic Learning Process
- Organizing and Sequencing Information
- Initial and Ongoing Motivation
- Information Transfer
- Structured Demonstrations
- Questioning Techniques
- Test for Understanding
- Handling Difficult On-the Job Training Situations
Applying What You Learn
- Individual practice lessons each day
- OJT Decision Table
- OJT Checklist
- Action Verbs
- Lesson Plans
- Checklist for Designing and Delivering Demonstrations
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Replace classroom with Training Area Classroom Layouts
- Communication Skills
- Interpreting Non-Verbal Behavior
- Eye Contact
- Voice and Language
- Media / Training Aids
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Available in 1 to 3 day formats. Call 1-800-FKA-5585 to schedule this on-site program. Plus, receive one-year free consultation service if you have questions after the program ends.