Developing Interactive E-Learning Program
Developing Interactive E-Learning Program Overview
Interactivity is one of the keys to engaging learners and maximizing retention. It is even more important in the online environment where it is easier for learners to tune out or even drop out. This program helps you design and develop effective interactive e-learning for both the self-directed and facilitated online environments. Your learners will stay tuned in and keep learning throughout your e-learning programs.
In this expanded program you will participate in six live sessions as well as complete several self-directed online tutorials. During the live sessions and tutorials you will experience how well-designed e-learning keeps learners motivated, engaged, and learning. You will also have opportunities to immediately apply what you are experiencing and learning to developing self-directed and facilitated e-learning using your own content. You will submit your work for individual review and feedback and by the end of this program you will have completed the design of two interactive e-learning lessons.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Online - Adobe Connect - Starts: December 1, 2020 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Who Should Attend the Developing Interactive E-Learning Program?
- Instructional designers and course developers concerned with creating interactive and highly effective learning in both the self-directed and facilitated online environments.
- Individuals wishing to maximize the results of formal e-learning.
- Instructors and subject matter experts responsible for adding e-learning components to existing courses.
- Experience interactive self-directed and facilitated e-learning that takes advantage of all the available tools.
- Hone your skills as you apply the techniques to a work-based e-learning project.
- Receive individual oral and written feedback from our e-learning experts.
- Collaborate with other learners as you develop your own e-learning.
- Get access to a variety of online templates and checklists that speed up development and improve learning.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment
- Foundations of Interactive e-Learning
- Identify when to use each type of interactivity.
- Incorporate adult learning principles into course design.
- Identify key activities in each phase of the FKA Instructional Systems Design methodology.
- Apply the Systematic Learning Process to maximize learning.
- Plan how to maximize retention.
- Establish initial motivation and maintain ongoing motivation.
- Determine when e-learning is an appropriate choice.
- Choose population factors for analysis.
- Develop a Model of Performance.
- Write effective lesson objectives.
- Align test for understanding questions with objectives.
- Describe strategies to overcome barriers to e-learning.
Interactive Self-Directed e-Learning
- Identify common weaknesses in learning interactions.
- Design strong interactions that promote learning.
- Plan the program structure and navigation paths.
- Identify how self-directed lessons may be made adaptive.
- Design a basic lesson.
- Create a Storyboard
Interactive Virtual Classes
- Select the most appropriate capabilities for a variety of online activities.
- Describe strategies to promote interaction.
- Choose and adapt presentation methods to the virtual environment.
- Implement effective questions to develop content and test for understanding.
- Adapt application and feedback methods for blended solutions.
- Develop instructor notes for a virtual lesson.
Foundations of Interactive e-Learning
- Defining e-Learning
- Types of Interactivity
- Barriers to e-Learning
- Adult Learning Principles *
- Instructional Systems Design Methodology *
- The Systematic Learning Process * (Presentation, Application and Feedback – PAF)
- Motivation *
- Instructional Strategies Framework *
- Population Analysis
- Model of Performance (MoP) *
- Objectives *
- Test for Understanding (TFU)
- Test for Understanding (TFU) in self-directed e-Learning
- Maximizing Retention
- ‘Strong’ Learning Interactions
- Promoting Interactivity
- Program Structure
- Basic Lesson Structure
- Adaptive Lesson Structure
- Self-Directed e-Learning Development Process
- Media *
Facilitated e-Learning (AKA, Virtual Classroom)
- Typical Capabilities of the Virtual Classroom
- Implementing PAF and VIVE
- Basic Lesson Structure
- Designing for the Virtual Classroom
- Adapting Presentation Methods
- Promoting Interactivity with Questions
- Asynchronous Application and Feedback Options
- Instructor Notes
* There are 8 online tutorials to support this content
- Instructional Design Support Manual (150+ pages) full of templates and checklists to support the FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology.
- Online access to instructional design templates, checklists and glossary.
- Online access to recordings of the six live sessions.
- Online access to samples of self-directed e-learning lessons.
- Selecting the best instructional strategy
- Developing a Model of Performance
- Writing effective learning objectives
- Aligning test-for-understanding questions with objectives
- Designing strong learning interactions and lessons
- Designing a basic self-directed e-learning lesson
- Developing a lesson for the virtual classroom
- Online Program – 6 Live Sessions – $2,499 – plus applicable taxes