Developing Level 2 Learning Assessments Program
Developing Level 2 Learning Assessments Program Overview
(Formerly Developing Effective Assessments)
When developing and delivering workplace learning, it is critical to analyze its effectiveness. One of the most commonly used methods to evaluate learning solutions identifies four levels:
Level 1 assessment—the questionnaires we all use at the end of the learning program only capture the learners’ feelings about the program. FKA’s Developing Level 2 Learning Assessments focuses on level 2 assessment that confirms learning has actually taken place. Using your real-world content and FKA’s powerful guidelines and checklists, you will create assessment questions that are reliable, valid, fair, and defensible.
The program also examines the actions required to ensure the learning transfers back to the job so that level 3 assessments will show the desired performance improvement.
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Online - Adobe Connect - Starts: March 10, 2021 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Who Should Attend the Developing Level 2 Learning Assessments Program?
- Course designers and developers charged with implementing Level 2 evaluation.
- Learning professionals who need to design effective higher level assessment questions.
- Learning Managers who must develop a rationale for level 2 and 3 assessment.
- Use examples, guidelines, and checklists to create a variety of effective questions for your own program assessments.
- Instructor feedback lets you build your skills quickly as you practice writing test items.
- Collaborate with other learners to build a portfolio of great questions.
- Incorporate test for understanding questions that keep learners engaged and assesses accomplishment of learning objectives.
- Find out what it takes to create reliable, valid, and defensible tests.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Identify the five criteria for “good” tests.
- Relate “assessment” and “evaluation”.
- Discuss how the Model of Performance (MoP) defines the required performance.
- Write effective objectives for formal learning initiatives.
- Create effective test for understanding questions for ongoing learner assessment.
- Develop true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short answer, essay, and scenario-based test questions for Level 2 assessments.
- Develop processing questions that assess learners’ ability to remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and create.
- Use checklists to validate your own questions.
- Align test questions with the learning objectives.
- Incorporate processing questions when debriefing an application.
- Develop strategies for transfer of learning back to the job.
- Create reliable, valid, and defensible assessments.
- “Good” Tests
- Effective Instructional Design
- FKA Instructional Systems Design Methodology
- FKA Test Design Process
- Flour Levels of Evaluation
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Systematic Learning Process
- Required Performance – Model of Performance
- “Effective” Objectives
- Types of Objectives
- Achieving the Performance Objective
- Performance Gaps and Bridging Strategies
- Formal versus Informal Assessment
- Types of Tests
- Types of Questions
- Higher Level Questions
- Action Verbs
- Aligning Questions and Objectives
- Training Transfer
- The Transfer Partnership
- Barriers to Transfer
- Strategies for Ensuring Training Transfer
- Facilitating Application Activities
- Processing Question for Debriefing
- Reliability and Test Length
- Legal Defensibility
- Sample Size
- Confidence Interval and Level
- Achieving Performance and Results from the learning initiative
- Sample Questions
- Guidelines for Writing Questions
- Questions Checklists
- List of Action Verbs
- There are two great delivery options:
- Two days – $1,499 – plus applicable taxes
- Online – $1,899 – plus applicable taxes – 4 live sessions
Call 1-800-FKA-5585 for custom pricing