Instructional Techniques for
the Virtual Classroom Program
Instructional Techniques for the Virtual Classroom
aussi disponible en français
Also available in French
More and more workplace instruction is being delivered online each year. If you want to set yourself apart as one of the best virtual trainers, this is a great place to start! Whether you are a new instructor or just new to the virtual classroom this program prepares you to deliver engaging and interactive learning in the virtual environment.
This dynamic program is delivered online presenting a variety of interactive techniques and activities that model best practices in a virtual classroom environment. You will have plenty of opportunity to apply a systematic learning process, adult learning principles, and online instructional techniques. You will present three online lessons, based on your work-related content, and receive feedback from our CTT+ Virtual Classroom Trainer certified instructors as well as recordings of your lessons for personal viewing.
You will experience the virtual classroom from both the learner’s and instructor’s perspectives.
NOTE: Participation in this program requires the use of VOIP communications. A computer headset is highly recommended for best audio quality. We also recommend a hardwired internet connection rather than wifi.
“Virtual training in our team has blossomed thanks to the techniques and best practices from your training.”
Click on a Date Below to Register
Public Program Schedule:Please contact FKA to have us deliver a customized or off-the-shelf program at your location or online, or take advantage of our One-on-One Coached Learning Services. Coached Learning is available on any topic area covered in our programs. Call us at 1-800-FKA-5585.
We have moved our face-to-face programs to an online format due to physical distancing constraints. We will resume our classroom facilitation when it is possible to do so safely.
Online - Adobe Connect - Starts: February 9, 2021 - click to see Live Session Schedule
Who Should Attend the Instructional Techniques for the Virtual Classroom Program?
- New or relatively new instructors, or instructors who have never participated in any formal train-the-trainer programs
- Experienced instructors who are new to the virtual classroom
- Participate in an online program that models all the best practices for keeping remote learners motivated and engaged.
- Small groups ensure you get opportunities to practice with the technology, individual attention and expert feedback.
- Establish a solid grounding in delivery using the technology available and build your confidence and skills from there.
- Receive a comprehensive manual that supports effective adult learning during the online sessions and will be a valuable reference after the program.
- No travel for you and only a few short blocks of time away from your job.
- Receive Complimentary Post-Learning Sustainment.
- Characterize instructional strategy choices.
- Apply Adult Learning Principles in the virtual classroom.
- Use learner-centered lesson objectives.
- Describe and apply the Systematic Learning Process.
- Identify choices in implementing the Systematic Learning Process.
- Use voice effectively.
- Establish and maintain a positive learning environment for the virtual classroom.
- Capture and maintain learner interest in a live session.
- Encourage participation.
- Use an inclusive communication style.
- Apply listening skills.
- Test for understanding during presentation.
- Apply questioning skills to promote participation and learning.
- Plan how to make effective use of instructor notes for virtual classes.
- Describe how to support asynchronous activities.
- Provide constructive feedback orally and in writing to the remote learner.
- Recognize and resolve behavior problems with remote learners.
- Practice a recorded lesson with feedback, using appropriate virtual platform capabilities.
- Capabilities of the Virtual Classroom
- Focus on the Learners:
- Adult Learning Principles
- Lesson Objectives
- Systematic Learning Process
- Instructional Strategies
- Implementing PAF
- Connecting by Voice
- Keeping Learners Engaged
- Variety of Presentation Methods
- Responsibilities and Skills of the Virtual Trainer
- Establishing the Learning Environment
- Group Process
- Managing the Task Component
- Monitoring Tools
- Communication Styles
- Listening Skills
- Questioning Techniques and Logistics
- Testing for Understanding (TFU)
- Question Levels
- Aligning Objectives ad TFUs
- Questioning Process
- Verbal Behavior
- Handling Difficult Situations
Applying What You Learn
- Practice three individual online lessons
- Instructor Notes Template
- Adult Learning Principles
- Systematic Learning Process Checklist
- Action Verbs
- Choosing/Adapting Presentation Methods
- Tips for Effective Online Demonstrations
- Question Logistics
- Guidelines for Using Media Effectively
- Communication Skills
- Voice and Language
- Voice Analysis Checklist
- Verbalizing Transitions
- Types of Verbal Behaviour
This program includes:
- Pre-course assignments
- 8 live facilitated online sessions (2 to 2.5-hours long)
- Assignments between the online sessions
Online Workshop – 8 Live Sessions – $2499.00 – plus applicable taxes
A multi-week program with scheduled group sessions.